This started out as an experiment to see if i can get realistic looking nebulas with TurbulenceFD, and to my surprise, it worked pretty well.
I might cover this technique thoroughly in a video tutorial, but these are the steps essentially to create a nebula element.
• Create a sphere and animate it along a path ( spline )
• Use this sphere animation to create the fluid simulations
• You can refer to this tutorial to get an idea on how i set up simulations with TFD
• Inside TurbulenceFD, at Rendering tab, you set the Offset value at a frame where the simulation is already in full motion
• In this same tab, set the Frame step to 0, this will freeze the simulation
• Now you can add a camera and orbit around your simulation
Check out inside this After Effects the various color correction and effects i added in order to make the final look. Enjoy playing around with it.
If you do end up using this as your intro, please consider linking this page somewhere in the description